Skip to main content

Safety and Emergency Management

KUSM-W > Safety > Photo & Access Card Request/Removal Form

Photo & Access Card Request/Removal Form

Photo ID cards allow access to non-restricted areas during normal business hours. Access cards allow entry into designated restricted areas, as assigned and after-hours access to the gated parking areas and facility entry points. Access cards and rights are assigned by security at the request of department supervision and management using the form below. Access cards and rights are also terminated by security at the request of department supervision and management using the same form below.

Photo ID/Access Card Procedure and Instructions:
Gates and non-restricted entrances are open to the public Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., except holidays. 

To gain access to parking lots after-hours:
Scan your access card near the card reader and wait for the gate to fully open before entering. The gate will automatically close after you enter.

To exit all gates:
Approach the gate slowly and stop approx. 8 feet from the gate. Wait until the gate fully opens before exiting. All gates close automatically after you exit.

After-hours facility entry and exit points:
Scan access card at one of the four facility access points: Note: Exit from the same door you enter for added security as well as to prevent activating the alarm.

  • Main Entrance, Door A, Bldg. 90 (near the flagpoles)
  • West Atrium, Door R, Bldg. 92, (west atrium)
  • Courtyard, Door G.  Bldg. 90, (between clinic and library)  
  • Student Center, Door T, Bldg. 92 (students and designated personnel as assigned)

Photo ID and Access Card use:

  • Do not write on or attach stickers to the badge.
  • Do not bend or modify your card/badge.
  • If card is damaged or needs to be updated, deliver it to the security office in person.
  • Report lost or stolen cards to security and your supervisor immediately.
  • Each person will be issued one card/badge, unless approved by security.
  • Do not share card with anyone.
  • Upon termination, cards must be turned in, in person, to the security office upon completion of this form.
    • Supervisor may turn in the card on behalf of the employee.
    • Do not send cards through interdepartmental mail or through USPS
    • Supervisors may contact security by phone to immediately terminate access if necessary, and then complete this form.
  • If an access card is found, please turn it into security immediately.

Replacing badges
Effective 1 July 2019, there will be a $10 replacement fee for lost campus access badges.
Credit/debit card payments will be accepted at the security office during normal business hours prior to re-issuance of replacement badge. The photo/access badge request form must also be submitted online by supervision. Stolen access badge fees will be waived on a case-by-case basis with an accompanying police report.

Security is available by phone, 316-293-2662, 24/7 for issues with access cards. 

NOTE: This form must be submitted by the supervisor or manager of the person needing the service.  

All fields are required unless specified as optional. Use tab key or mouse to move from field to field.

Last modified: Jun 28, 2019