News Clips Archive
- A coat of paint paves the way for a white coat
Jul 22, 2021 -- Eight first-year University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita students put a coat of paint on a home in the Rock the Block neighborhood Wednesday afternoon.
- 3 keys to help resident physicians to get the exercise they need
Jul 13, 2021 -- Samuel Ofei-Dodoo, PhD, MPA, MA, CPH—one of the faculty members behind the program and co-author of a study published in the Kansas Journal of Medicine—offered insight on the barriers to resident exercise and how programs and physicians can work to overcome them.
- KU med students use virtual reality to better understand patients with brain conditions
Jul 08, 2021 -- For the first time, some KU Med students are getting a glimpse into what their future patients may be going through and experiencing thanks to virtual reality headsets.
- Drew Miller selected as 2021 Kansas Family Physician of the Year
Jul 05, 2021 -- Miller did his residency at Via Christi Hospital in Wichita from 2007-2010 before starting at Kearny County Hospital in Lakin in October 2010.
- Wichita's medical school marks 50th year
Jul 01, 2021 -- In addition to benefiting the Wichita area, one of KU School of Medicine-Wichita's main focuses has been turning out physicians for rural Kansas, with several programs and financial incentives developed for that purpose.
- New family practice coming to Andover hopes to change the health-care status quo
Jul 01, 2021 -- Drs. Ryan Woodruff and Derek Surdez, 2018 graduates of the KU School of Medicine-Wichita, plan to open Agape Direct Primary Care in October.
- Pink is the signature color at a new OB/GYN clinic in College Hill
Jun 30, 2021 -- In addition to being board-certified, Hershberger said he is fellow of the American College of OG/GYNs and an assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Kansas School of Medicine - Wichita.
- Here are the top concerns Sedgwick County residents have about the COVID-19 vaccine
Jun 24, 2021 -- Dr. Elizabeth Ablah, with the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, told the Sedgwick County Commission during a presentation Wednesday that county officials have already started to act on survey results that were shared with them last week.
- Markham inducted into AHS Softball Hall of Fame
Jun 23, 2021 -- She completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Wichita and is currently working as a general OB/GYN in Omaha at Methodist Physicians Clinic.
- Survey finds high COVID-19 vaccination rates in south central Kansas
Jun 23, 2021 -- Dr. Elizabeth Ablah with KU School of Medicine-Wichita said over 3,300 people responded to the survey in the seven-county region, with over 2,600 responses in Sedgwick County.
- 2021 Innovation Awards: KU School of Medicine-Wichita
Jun 15, 2021 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita routinely demonstrates innovation in education and health care, and with the extra challenges of Covid-19, it easily stepped up its game.
- That's the ticket: Wichita Open prepares for professional golf in a post-Covid world
Jun 11, 2021 -- Roy Turner says he's never seen the anticipation higher for this year's Wichita Open, which benefits KU Wichita Pediatrics.
Last modified: Sep 09, 2019