See how KU School of Medicine-Wichita is making headlines across the state and beyond.
- Sedgwick County prepared to begin vaccinating 12-15-year-olds
May 04, 2021 -- With the FDA expected to make that official next week, Wichita pediatrician Dr. Paul Teran, M.D. with KU School of Medicine-Wichita and Wesley Children’s Hospital, said he and other pediatricians have been watching this effort closely.
- Finding solutions while managing problems
Apr 28, 2021 -- Dr. Sheldon Preskorn is a professor in the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Three Hiawatha grads match into residency, will graduate medical school in May
Apr 16, 2021 -- Paul Stueve matched into Internal Medicine at Eisenhower Army Medical Center at Fort Gordon in Augusta, GA. Valerie Binns matched into General Surgery at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita in Wichita and Brynn Wright matched into Family Medicine at Via Christi Family Medicine Residency in Wichita.
- Doctors point to low post-shot case number in support of COVID-19 vaccines
Apr 15, 2021 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine/Center for Clinical Research Director Dr. Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt, M.D., Ph.D said the few cases of people getting sick is a sign of how effective the vaccine actually is.
- Doctors explain cause of J&J vaccine pause, tout overall safety
Apr 13, 2021 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine/Center for Clinical Research Director Dr. Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt, M.D., Ph.D. put the number of cases causing the concern into perspective.
- Ten minutes with ... Stephen Grindel, Medical Society of Sedgwick County
Apr 09, 2021 -- More than 30 years as a family medicine practitioner, with a side job as an assistant clinical professor at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, have immersed Stephen Grindel in Wichita's medical scene.
- Honoring Excellence: Q and A with Dawn Fountain
Apr 09, 2021 -- 2021 Debra L. Dooley GME Program Coordinator Excellence Awardee Dawn Fountain works in the general surgery residency program at the University of Kansas (KU) School of Medicine in Wichita.
- General Surgeon Peter A. Innes, M.D., F.A.C.S., joins Northwest Health
Apr 07, 2021 -- Dr. Innes earned his medical degree from Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Ore. He then completed his surgical residency at University of Kansas School of Medicine at Wichita, Kan.
- There’s a major new tenant — and a familiar one — for Wesley Medical Plaza
Mar 30, 2021 -- Ammar said that’s in part because of the breadth of surgical procedures it performs but also because it is an integral part of KU School of Medicine-Wichita and its residency program.
- Appointments still open as vaccine eligibility expands to every Kansan 16 and older
Mar 29, 2021 -- “Each family or situation can be very different, so the first thing is to ask them, what are their concerns,” said Immunize Kansas Coalition board member and KU School of Medicine Wichita pediatrician Dr. Gretchen Homan.
Last modified: Jul 10, 2020