See how KU School of Medicine-Wichita is making headlines across the state and beyond.
- Ten minutes with ... Stephen Grindel, Medical Society of Sedgwick County
Apr 09, 2021 -- More than 30 years as a family medicine practitioner, with a side job as an assistant clinical professor at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, have immersed Stephen Grindel in Wichita's medical scene.
- Honoring Excellence: Q and A with Dawn Fountain
Apr 09, 2021 -- 2021 Debra L. Dooley GME Program Coordinator Excellence Awardee Dawn Fountain works in the general surgery residency program at the University of Kansas (KU) School of Medicine in Wichita.
- General Surgeon Peter A. Innes, M.D., F.A.C.S., joins Northwest Health
Apr 07, 2021 -- Dr. Innes earned his medical degree from Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, Ore. He then completed his surgical residency at University of Kansas School of Medicine at Wichita, Kan.
- There’s a major new tenant — and a familiar one — for Wesley Medical Plaza
Mar 30, 2021 -- Ammar said that’s in part because of the breadth of surgical procedures it performs but also because it is an integral part of KU School of Medicine-Wichita and its residency program.
- Appointments still open as vaccine eligibility expands to every Kansan 16 and older
Mar 29, 2021 -- “Each family or situation can be very different, so the first thing is to ask them, what are their concerns,” said Immunize Kansas Coalition board member and KU School of Medicine Wichita pediatrician Dr. Gretchen Homan.
- Kansas woman’s obituary claims she died from reaction to COVID-19 vaccine
Mar 25, 2021 -- “When you pull up those 22 results, that doesn’t mean 22 people are dying from the vaccine, but unfortunately, that a death occurred in close proximity to getting the vaccine, and that needs to be reported and investigated to see if it’s due to the vaccine or something else that happened to them,” said Dr. Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt with KU School of Medicine in Wichita.
- Excellence in Health Care: Pediatric Care
Mar 22, 2021 -- The Wichita Business Journal honors three faculty members in KU School of Medicine-Wichita Department of Pediatrics for Excellence in Health Care: Pediatrics.
- KU School of Medicine to receive COVID-19 vaccine doses
Mar 19, 2021 -- KU Wichita Medical Practice Association Executive Director Aaron Ryan said becoming a provider allows the medical school’s patients to get the vaccine at a place where they usually go for regular care.
- Beard named Ascension Via Christi's new chief medical officer
Mar 10, 2021 -- Beard is a former Air Force major and served at McConnell Air Force Base and an associate professor at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Wichita's pro golf tournament adds major sponsor to 2021 roster
Mar 04, 2021 -- The tournament will now benefit the University of Kansas School of Medicine's Pediatrics Department and will be known as the Wichita Open benefitting KU Wichita Pediatrics.
Last modified: Jul 10, 2020