Find out the latest news at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Campus changes due to COVID-19
Jun 15, 2021 -- The health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and the community are paramount.
- First Story Slam shares experiences, laughter and tears
Jun 10, 2021 -- Medical students, residents and physicians gathered one evening to share their version of a Story Slam — honest, personal and sometimes difficult stories of their experiences; not in hopes of winning any prizes, but to connect with each other and reflect on the impact of the encounters.
- A golden year for medicine: KU School of Medicine-Wichita celebrates 50 years
May 28, 2021 -- This September, Sept. 17 to be exact, will be the 50th anniversary of the Kansas Board of Regents’ approval of what we know today as KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Kansas Project ADAM provides CPR training at WSU fraternity, sorority
May 03, 2021 -- Jake Umscheid, M.D., second-year KU Wichita pediatric resident, and Aaron Ryan, RN, MBA, FACMPE, executive director of KU Wichita Medical Practice Association, provided a hands-free CPR training class to about 20 undergraduates from Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity and Alpha Phi Sorority at Wichita State University as part of Kansas Project ADAM.
- First Friday returns to KU School of Medicine-Wichita with Mara Howes art reception
May 03, 2021 -- First Friday is returning to KU School of Medicine-Wichita this week, spotlighting a talented young artist in the first First Friday opening on campus in more than a year.
- Women in medicine inspire Girl Scouts during career-themed field day
Apr 26, 2021 -- Residents, students and faculty from KU School of Medicine-Wichita hosted a Women in Medicine station during Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland's F(em)Powered Field Day event, inspiring girls to pursue a career in medicine.
- Empower youth on National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day
Apr 07, 2021 -- Saturday, April 10, is National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day. While many may not consider HIV and AIDS a problem for teens and young adults, statistics say otherwise
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita alumna named Rural Health Practitioner of the Year
Mar 10, 2021 -- Jennifer Bacani McKenney, M.D., is a family physician practicing in her hometown of Fredonia, Kansas.
- Supporters continue to show loyalty to KU School of Medicine-Wichita during One Day. One KU.
Feb 22, 2021 -- Thanks to our champions, more than $225,000 was raised for KU School of Medicine-Wichita on the fourth annual One Day. One KU. day of giving Thursday, Feb. 18.
- Advancing DEI at KU School of Medicine-Wichita
Feb 17, 2021 -- A survey was sent to gather feedback from KU School of Medicine-Wichita departments about work currently in progress by members of our campus community that is intended to help reduce health inequities or that could be described as a social justice initiative. To raise awareness about this important work, we have invited the people who are leading these initiatives to tell us about their projects through a series of virtual noon events. The series is called “Advancing DEI at KUSM-W.”
Last modified: Sep 09, 2019