Find out the latest news at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Students help bring point-of-care ultrasound into curriculum
Aug 25, 2021 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita students are helping bring point-of-care ultrasound, known as POCUS, into the campus curriculum.
- Being neighborly: Students, staff help with A. Price Woodard neighborhood cleanup
Aug 25, 2021 -- Through the Wichita Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Community Partnerships Committee at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, members are introduced to area organizations and learn of possible collaborations.
- Dean Garold Minns, faculty and alumni honored as Health Care Heroes
Aug 23, 2021 -- Dean Garold Minns, M.D., is receiving a Lifetime Achievement award, and several faculty and alumni of KU School of Medicine-Wichita are also being recognized by the Wichita Business Journal as Health Care Heroes this year.
- Sept. 17 is National Physician Suicide Awareness Day
Aug 23, 2021 -- "As a society and a professional community, it is more important now than ever to foster awareness, reduce stigma and promote a culture of self-care and help-seeking," said Nicole Klaus, Ph.D., ABPP, associate professor at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita milestones highlighted during Hawks & Highways
Aug 12, 2021 -- Dr. Kallail highlighted the many medical milestones at KU School of Medicine-Wichita over the last 50 years.
- 4-Wichita board welcomes new medical students
Jul 29, 2021 -- Members of the 4-Wichita Advancement Board at KU School of Medicine-Wichita made sure the new class of medical students arriving on campus had a warm Wichita welcome.
- Campus changes due to COVID-19
Jun 15, 2021 -- The health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and the community are paramount.
- First Story Slam shares experiences, laughter and tears
Jun 10, 2021 -- Medical students, residents and physicians gathered one evening to share their version of a Story Slam — honest, personal and sometimes difficult stories of their experiences; not in hopes of winning any prizes, but to connect with each other and reflect on the impact of the encounters.
- A golden year for medicine: KU School of Medicine-Wichita celebrates 50 years
May 28, 2021 -- This September, Sept. 17 to be exact, will be the 50th anniversary of the Kansas Board of Regents’ approval of what we know today as KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Kansas Project ADAM provides CPR training at WSU fraternity, sorority
May 03, 2021 -- Jake Umscheid, M.D., second-year KU Wichita pediatric resident, and Aaron Ryan, RN, MBA, FACMPE, executive director of KU Wichita Medical Practice Association, provided a hands-free CPR training class to about 20 undergraduates from Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity and Alpha Phi Sorority at Wichita State University as part of Kansas Project ADAM.
Last modified: Sep 09, 2019