- 4-Wichita endows two scholarships, ‘only the beginning’
Mar 24, 2021 -- “We’re really excited about these new scholarships,” Sue Watson, who recently became chair of 4-Wichita, said. “Given to incoming students, that’s one way we can grow our medical school by attracting the best, brightest and most diverse students.”
- KU-staffed clinic offers medical care where the patients are: school
Mar 24, 2021 -- A new clinic at Valley Center High School, organized by KU Wichita Pediatrics and the school district, is designed to take medical care right to students needing it.
- School of Medicine 'class of change' celebrates Match Day results
Mar 23, 2021 -- When Peyton Harjo was 5 years old, she told her parents she was going to be a doctor. And on March 19, 2021, she (and thousands of other students like her) found out where that aspiration will be realized.
- Surgicare of Wichita's donation aids Simulation Center, others across Wichita
Feb 24, 2021 -- “We felt like we won the medical supply lottery of sorts,” said Erin Doyle, program director for KU School of Medicine-Wichita Simulation Center. “Not only were there medical supplies, but equipment as well.”
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita partners with Kansas Leadership Center to boost skills, make progress on diversity
Feb 24, 2021 -- Driven by the conviction the school needed to increase its leadership development to successfully navigate change in health care — especially in academic medicine taught across campuses and amid competing priorities — KU School of Medicine sought the help of a home-grown specialist.
- Celebrate Day 366, Kansas Birth Equity Network target Kansas’ high Black infant mortality rate
Jan 27, 2021 -- Celebrate Day 366, organized by KU School of Medicine-Wichita’s Sharla Smith and Michelle Redmond, assistant professors in the Department of Population Health, is a 4-year-old event intended to acknowledge and combat the problem through education and collaboration.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita touts 'facts not fear' in COVID fight
Jan 21, 2021 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita is spreading the word about the need for COVID-19 testing in the neighborhood it calls home with the help of $10 gift cards.
- School of Medicine honors teaching excellence with virtual A Grand Affair
Jan 20, 2021 -- In what one award winner called "once-in-a-century" circumstances, A Grand Affair on Jan. 15 recognized teaching excellence in the University of Kansas School of Medicine through a virtual ceremony.
- Five Stucky family members address rural doctor shortage through family medicine residency program
Dec 16, 2020 -- Four Kansas brothers, along with one of their spouses, are putting the "family" in family practice medicine.
- T-shirts unite school nurses, promote hand-washing
Dec 16, 2020 -- With support from the Kansas Pediatric Foundation, KU Wichita Pediatrics bought and is distributing the T-shirts, along with hand-washing resources and other supplies, including soap, at KU Wichita Pediatrics clinics.
Last modified: Dec 16, 2020