- Simple ways to avoid a heart attack, according to doctors
Sep 19, 2021 -- "Until now, little has been known about cardiovascular events relative to e-cigarette use," says Mohinder Vindhyal, MD, assistant professor at the University of Kansas School of Medicine Wichita and the lead author of the study, adding that the data should be "a real wake-up call" about the dangers of vaping and e-cigarettes.
- Business People for Sept. 19
Sep 19, 2021 -- Jennifer Scott Koontz, M.D., MPH, of Newton, who co-founded the JayDoc Community Clinic in Wichita, will receive Bethel College’s 2021 Outstanding Alumnus Award at its Alumni Banquet on Oct. 3.
- Health Care Heroes Lifetime Achievement: Garold Minns put people first in career as doctor, educator
Sep 17, 2021 -- “Medicine can be a challenging field,” Minns says. “You need to go into it for the right reasons and go into it because you really enjoy it.”
- Governor Laura Kelly announces Safer Classrooms Workgroup members
Sep 09, 2021 -- Dr. Jennifer Bacani McKenney, a practicing Family Physician and Wilson County health officer, and Dr. Stephanie Kuhlmann, Pediatric Hospitalist Division Director at the KU School of Medicine-Wichita and Pediatric Medical Director at Wesley Children’s Hospital, serve as the group’s co-chairs.
- Increase in Sedgwick County suicides has some speaking out for change
Sep 09, 2021 -- The University of Kansas School of Medicine in Wichita has been collecting Sedgwick County suicide data for 20 years.
- Kansas LGBTQ leadership conference hopes to invoke resiliency in student body
Sep 09, 2021 -- One speaker, Tori Gleason, is a K-State alumna. According to Gleason’s LinkedIn page, she is a student at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and a future researcher on health outcomes in trans and non-binary populations.
- Sedgwick County saw its highest rate of deaths by suicide in 2020
Sep 08, 2021 -- “In the 20 years we’ve been collecting this data, Sedgwick County rates have been consistently higher than national rates,” Dr. Nicole Klaus, assistant professor at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, said. “We can see that our rates are rising more quickly than national rates.”
- Celebrating 50 years! The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita
Sep 01, 2021 -- The mission at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita has remained much the same after 50 years: focusing primarily on educating future physicians to meet health care needs, and establishing community partnerships to improve the health of all Kansans.
- Dr. Roxanne Stiles joins Clara Barton team
Aug 23, 2021 -- Stiles completed her general surgery residency in 2021 at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Clinic welcomes new doctor
Aug 22, 2021 -- Dr. Westbrook completed family medicine residency and sports medicine fellowship through the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
Last modified: Aug 25, 2018