- 2021 Innovation Awards: KU School of Medicine-Wichita
Jun 15, 2021 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita routinely demonstrates innovation in education and health care, and with the extra challenges of Covid-19, it easily stepped up its game.
- That's the ticket: Wichita Open prepares for professional golf in a post-Covid world
Jun 11, 2021 -- Roy Turner says he's never seen the anticipation higher for this year's Wichita Open, which benefits KU Wichita Pediatrics.
- The rise of the ticks: Local experts share tips and advice on how to protect yourself
Jun 10, 2021 -- “I think there is better reporting. I think there’s more awareness of certain illnesses,” said Dr. Robert Wittler, director of Infectious Disease Division with KU School of Medicine Wichita.
- The secret trick to slashing your heart attack risk, say doctors
Jun 04, 2021 -- "Until now, little has been known about cardiovascular events relative to e-cigarette use," says Mohinder Vindhyal, M.D., assistant professor at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and the lead author of the study, adding that the data should be "a real wake-up call" about the dangers of vaping and e-cigarettes.
- VR allowing medical students to see and learn through patients’ eyes
May 30, 2021 -- Through immersive virtual reality, some KU School of Medicine-Wichita students are being taught what happens to people with different conditions and the care it requires.
- Resistance among Kansans to COVID-19 vaccines is fading, except where it isn't
May 30, 2021 -- Gretchen Homan, M.D., assistant professor at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, said that the best route to addressing a patients’ worries about the vaccine is often the most simple and direct one.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita teaches empathy with virtual reality
May 25, 2021 -- Through these immersive experiences, students can get a glimpse into what it’s like to have Alzheimer's, dementia or Parkinson's disease.
- ‘We’ll see what people listen to’: Minns, Sedgwick County clash over mask advice
May 19, 2021 -- Dr. Garold Minns, county health officer and dean of the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, advised the commissioners to keep the rule in place until everyone has an opportunity to be vaccinated.
- What a survey revealed about Wichita attitudes toward a city-wide plastic bag ban
May 17, 2021 -- The survey was conducted to help task force members gauge citizen interest in measures that would reduce or ban plastic bag use and was developed by researchers at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
- United Way of the Plains names community impact manager
May 12, 2021 -- Valerie White joins United Way from KU Endowment at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, where she was a development administrator.
Last modified: Aug 25, 2018