- Tanner Dean, D.O., Khalil Choucair, M.D., and Luke Johnson, M.D. have been named 2021-2022 chief residents.
- Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt, M.D., Ph.D., is now a Fellow of the American College of Physicians (ACP), August 2020
- Congratulations to our 2020 Health Care Heroes:
Community Outreach: IM department
Administrative Excellence: Deb League and Sam Antonios, M.D.
Health Care Educators: Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt, M.D., Ph.D.
International Outreach: Samuel Akidiva, M.D.
- Lorna Nguutu, M.D., PGY-2 resident, won "Best Poster" at the Kansas Chapter of American College of Physicians Annual Meeting. She will present her poster at the national American College of Physicians meeting in April 2020 in Los Angeles, California. (Oct. 2019)
- Maisam Al Patty, M.D., PGY-2 resident, won "Best Poster in Infectious Disease" at the Kansas Chapter of American College of Physicians Annual Meeting. (Oct. 2019)
- Sachin Srinivasan, M.D., internal medicine resident, has been selected appointed to the Kansas American College Physicians Governor's Council as a resident member representative. (Sept. 2019)
- Nathan Tofteland, M.D., is featured on KSN-TV for successfully performing an upper and lower gastrointestinal exam on Billy, a 28-year-old lowland gorilla at the Sedgwick County Zoo (July 2019)
- Sachin Srinivasan, M.D., internal medicine resident, has been selected as one of the AASLD Emerging Liver Scholars (July 2019)
- Nathan Tofteland, M.D., and Samuel Akidiva, M.D., have been promoted to associate professor, effective July 2019 (April 2019)
- Sachin Srinivasan, M.D., internal medicine resident, was the Outstanding Poster by a Resident award winner at the 27th Annual Research Forum 2019 (April 2019)
- Department starts innovative teaching projects with MAITF grants. Sean Jahansooz, M.D., and Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt, M.D., Ph.D., were awarded grants to refine our clinical teaching and use simulations in neurology. (March 2019)
- Kristin Constance, M.D.; Sachin Srinivasan, M.D.; and Chloe McBride, M.D., have been voted 2019-2020 chief residents. (March 2019)
- Erik Calderon, M.D.; Rami Diab, M.D.; Sinan Khayyat, M.D.; and Sachin Srinivasan, M.D., have been accepted to the National American College of Physicians Meeting in Philadelphia. (Feb. 2019)
- A presentation at the International Stroke Conference by Paul Ndunda, M.D., former resident who is now a faculty member, was highlighted in a news story by NPR. (Jan. 2019)
Reflecting the entrepreneurial spirit of Wichita, the department has forged unique relationships with community sub-specialty groups to enhance our teaching purpose. Through these relationships and coupled with our outstanding full-time faculty, we are able to provide high-quality, hands-on clinical training for both medical students and resident physicians.