Finding a citation using the Single Citation Matcher
The Single Citation Matcher has a fill-in-the-blank form for searching for a citation when you have some bibliographic information, e.g., journal name, volume, page number.
- Click Single Citation Matcher on the PubMed Sidebar.
- Enter the bibliographic information you have.
- Click Go.
More information about using the Single Citation Matcher
- The journal box includes an autocomplete feature that suggests titles as you enter a title abbreviation or full title. Titles displayed by the autocomplete menu are in ranked order based on the number of citations in PubMed.
- The author box also includes an autocomplete feature that suggests author names in ranked order based on the number of citations. Full author names may be searched for citations published from 2002 forward if the full author name is available in the article.
- Click the 'Only as first author' checkbox to limit an author name to the first author.
Last modified: Oct 02, 2018