Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
- Articulate the 7 microskills discussed in the module.
- Value "expectation setting" as an important part of the
- Give examples of questions that encourage a learner to make a commitment
around a particular issue, articulating his/her opinions as the basis
for the learning, rather than waiting to receive the conclusions of
- Give examples of questions that will probe for deeper understanding
of an issue in order to reveal knowledge deficits.
- Begin to reflect upon your own "general rules" that can
be conveyed to learners while you teach.
- Value "reinforcing right behavior" as foundational to
your role as a teacher and mentor.
- Intend to correct learner mistakes by allowing self-reflection and
by offering supportive but direct feedback.
- Determine that you will take 5-10 minutes for reflection with learners
at the end of a session in order to cement the learning.