Human Research Protection Program
Conflict of Interest
A Conflict of Interest (COI) disclosure must be completed annually by faculty and unclassified staff as required by the Kansas Board of Regents. The disclosure is required upon employment and at least annually thereafter. In addition, federal policies require assurances that all investigators on a research project are in compliance with institutional conflict of interest reporting at the time a research study is submitted.
Completing the COI disclosure certification in eCompliance:
- If you are a KUMC faculty or staff member, you are already in the eCompliance database and can access the system at https://ecompliance.ku.edu. Log in using your KUMC username and password.
- If you are a KUMC student, you are in the eCompliance database, but you may need your account enabled by the system administrator if you have not served on previous studies. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- If you are an individual affiliated with research through KUMC, but not an employee or student at the university, complete the account request form.
COI User Guidance
User Guides are provided for your reference, but feel free to contact us for additional guidance.
- Annual COI Certification (Quick Start Guide)
- Annual Certification Completion (Screen Shot Guide)
- Annual Certification for First-Time Users (Screen Shot Guide)
- Research Certification (Quick Start Guide)
- Supervisor's Responsibilities for COI (Screen Shot Guide)
Forgot your KU username and password? Contact IT Services at 293-2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.