Log your Community Connection Program Hours
In support of the KU School of Medicine–Wichita's commitment to Social Responsibility and Community Orientation, the Community Connection Program allows KU School of Medicine–Wichita employees up to three paid hours a month of work time to spend volunteering for a community service organization.
Volunteers are spotlighted in the employee newsletter, "Jayhawk Talk Online," and in April, all volunteers are invited to a volunteer recognition event.
- Full-time staff are encouraged to volunteer, with supervisor approval, for up to three paid hours during the work week per month. Available time for part-time staff is in direct proportion to the amount of time scheduled to work.
- Political efforts cannot be used as paid time or logged in as volunteer hours for the Community Connection Program.
- Community service organizations chosen by employees for Community Connection Program hours must reflect positively on the medical school. If you have a question about an organization, please contact Public Affairs at (316) 293-2643 or email@example.com.
- Employees are responsible for contacting the organizations of their choice and scheduling their volunteer time, while Public Affairs occasionally coordinates group volunteer efforts.
- Service hours outside the regular work hours count toward total Community Connection hours, but are not compensated by the medical school.
- Only those service hours logged when totals are checked for recognition will be counted, so it's important to keep logged hours up to date.
If you have questions about the Community Connection Program, please contact Public Affairs at (316) 293-2643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep 10, 2012