Application and Admission
The University of Kansas School of Medicine in Wichita (KUSM-W) is accepting one neuropsychology postdoctoral fellow in adult neuropsychology for the 2018 training year. This is a two-year fellowship that is part of the APPCN match and meets the criteria set forth by the Houston Conference Policy Statement, with four ABPP CN supervisors. Fellows receive a strong benefits package with ample vacation and other leave along with $1,500 funding to present research at national conferences. The stipend for this position is $48,000 the first year and $50,000 the second
The neuropsychology fellowship at KU School of Medicine-Wichita (KUSM-W) is a two-year training program structured to prepare trainees for practice in adult or lifespan clinical neuropsychology and eventual board certification (ABPP CN).
- During the first year, fellows receive training in adult outpatient and inpatient neuropsychology, and complete additional rotations in Geriatric Inpatient, and Child Neuropsychology.
- During the second year, fellows complete clinical training in epilepsy neuropsychology including consultation on a video EEG monitoring unit, pre-surgical evaluations, Wada procedures and intraoperative awake mapping. They also see patients in our clinic independently in preparation for practice at fellowship completion.
Trainees attend the neurology and neuropathology course with second year medical students, part of the medical curriculum at KUSM-W. In addition, fellows have the opportunity to attend a wide range of neuropsychology specific and multi-disciplinary didactics including clinical rounds and educational seminars in Neurology, Psychiatry, Psychopharmacology, Radiology & Neurosurgery, and other related specialties.
Supervision and teaching opportunities are also available. Past fellows have supervised psychology interns and graduate students, lectured to medical students, and provided presentations to the community. Research mentorship, supervision, and collaboration are available and fellows are provided a yearly stipend to present research at national conferences.
Applicants are expected to have completed a Ph.D. or a Psy.D. in clinical psychology from an APA-accredited graduate training program and a one year APA-accredited clinical internship with focus in clinical neuropsychology by the start of fellowship.
The deadline to receive applications is January 12, 2018
Application must include the following:
- Cover letter clearly stating your interests and career goals
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of reference - may be emailed directly by writer or mailed and signed over the envelope seal
- Graduate school transcripts
Send Application Materials by email or postal service mail to:
Robin Heinrichs, Ph.D., ABPP CN
Director Neuropsychology Training
KU School of Medicine Wichita
8533 E 32nd St N
Wichita, KS 67226