Skip to main content

KU Wichita Clinical Trial Unit

Interested in joining a clinical trial? Complete this form to let us know.

Enrolling Studies

  • Early Alzheimer's disease (ages 50-85)
  • Schizophrenia (ages 18+)
  • Depression: Adults/Pediatrics/Adolescents (ages 7+)


  • What is a clinical trial?
    • Clinical trials are used to test the safety and efficacy for investigational medications. All investigational medications must prove they are safe in the laboratory before being used on humans. Clinical trials are monitored by Institutional Review Boards (IRB) to protect the safety of all participants. KU Clinical Trial Unit currently does outpatient trials only.

  • What is the difference between Clinical Research vs. Medical Treatment?
  • How do I get into a clinical trial?
    • By phone, 316-293-1833, or by email, Our staff will speak with you directly about qualifications, study visit details, study length, reimbursement, and answer any questions you may have. Study qualifications can include age, gender, weight, diagnosis, past medical records, and medications.

  • Will I be reimbursed during the trial?
    • Every study is different. Most KU Wichita Clinical Trial Unit studies reimburse using a Clincard. A clincard acts like a debit card. Once money is approved during the study it takes about 24 hours to become active and is able to be used.

  • Can I quit the trial after I have started?
    • Yes, you can stop the clinical trial at any point and for any reason. There is no penalty or loss of benefits if you decide to stop the trial. We do request that any study medication be returned to the site.


Please also visit our Pioneers database and click on Active Studies. Then, search for your diagnosis to find an overview of the trial as well as our contact information.

If you would like to submit your information for future studies, click the Participate link at the top of the page. This will take you to the Registration page to create an account; there's no cost and your information is kept private. Also, please visit the FAQs for Volunteers section to find answers to the most commonly asked questions.

If you do not want to register your information in the database, please feel free to contact our referral staff directly at 316-293-1833. We will review your information and see if we have a study that meets your needs.

Last modified: Aug 25, 2018
Contact Us

Clinical Trial Unit
Phone: 316-293-1833
Fax: 316-293-1829

1010 N. Kansas
Suite 1002
Wichita, KS 67214


Principal Investigators