Talkad Raghuveer, M.D.
Department of Pediatrics - Neonatalology
- Wesley Children's Hospital
- Pediatric and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Medical School: Karnataka Medical College, Hubli, India
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Fellowship: Washington University, St. Louis, MO; University of Iowa School of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Seizures in the Newborn
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- 1989 "James Flett Endowment Award and Gold Medal" awarded by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, for best research work in community pediatrics in India. The results of this research were used to implement the National immunization Polio program nationwide in India. Since implementing the national program, the incidence of Polio has decreased dramatically in India: from two to three hundred thousand plus cases per year in 1989 to a less than 30 cases in 2015.
- 2005 Faculty Teaching Award, 2004-2005, Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City.
Last modified: Sep 12, 2018