KU Wichita Pediatrics
Wesley Medical Arts Tower
3243 E. Murdock, Suite 602
Wichita, KS 67208
KU Wichita Pediatrics strives to improve care for children. In doing so, we work to promote and extend the university's commitment to quality research and scholarly excellence.
The KU Wichita Pediatrics research division provides expertise and support for faculty and resident research endeavors. Faculty can consult the division to help hone research questions, design effective studies, engage university resources, and disseminate their findings. Pediatric residents, with the help of faculty mentors and the research division, are required to complete a research project during their three-year residency.
Together, with the clinical investigators at KU Wichita Pediatrics, the research division produces high-quality research from our inpatient units, ambulatory clinic, and community partners.
- Testing the use of text messaging immunization reminders
- Using tools and events to promote infant safe sleep
- Exploring mothers' ideas about birth spacing
- Understanding personality types among children with ADHD
- Improving the hand off of care as youth with special health care needs become adults
- Assessing parents' plans to use the patient portal
- Measuring visit length for pediatric patients
- Decreasing time for bilirubin lab results
- Increasing vaccine uptake
- Earlier and improved management of asthma
- Early literacy promotion
- Fluoride supplementation
- Acute asthma management with dexamethasone