News Clips Archive
- Excellence in Health Care - Cancer Care
Aug 23, 2020 -- The Wichita Business Journal aims to spotlight outstanding professionals in health care with its new Excellence in Health Care series.
- Wichita doctor chosen for national teaching award
Aug 20, 2020 -- The AAFP noted in its award that while most volunteer preceptor teachers take on one medical student a year, Dr. Lind has taught 23 students over the last six years.
- New Sedgwick County health order creates more equitable reopening for bars, restaurants
Aug 18, 2020 -- Health officer Garold Minns signed the new order Tuesday and it will take effect at 12:01 a.m. Saturday, going through Sept. 8.
- Women in Business: Crystal Nevins, KU School of Medicine-Wichita
Aug 14, 2020 -- The Wichita Business Journal interviews Crystal Nevins as part of its Women in Business series.
- Sedgwick County plans to invest in COVID-19 spit tests, partner with WSU
Aug 13, 2020 -- Elizabeth Ablah, Ph.D., MPH, professor in the Department of Population Health at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, has been working with Sedgwick County to bolster its COVID-19 testing capacity.
- Want to be part of a leading COVID-19 vaccine test? Here’s how
Aug 12, 2020 -- In the race to find a COVID-19 vaccine, one of five major trials nationally will be conducted in collaboration with the KU School of Medicine-Wichita Center for Clinical Research along with more than 100 other testing sites nationally.
- KU School of Medicine in Wichita conducting vaccine trial
Aug 12, 2020 -- KU School of Medicine in Wichita will start a vaccine trial for COVID-19.
- COVID-19 vaccine trial taking place in Wichita
Aug 11, 2020 -- The University of Kansas School of Medicine campus here in Wichita is one of 100 clinical trial sites for the Oxford University developed version of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- 40 Under 40: Kari Nilsen, Ph.D., University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita
Aug 10, 2020 -- Since 1998, the Wichita Business Journal has recognized 40 young area professionals for their achievements and their work to make Wichita a better place.
- KU School of Medicine looking for participants in clinical trial for COVID-19 vaccine
Aug 10, 2020 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita is looking for participants in a clinical trial for a COVID-19 vaccine. To be eligible, you must be at least 18 years old.
- KU School of Medicine to participate in Covid-19 vaccine clinical trial
Aug 10, 2020 -- “We are so excited to have assembled a strong partnership among researchers at KU and Children’s Mercy to offer this vaccination to Kansans,” said Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt, director of the KU Wichita Center for Clinical Research and assistant professor for internal medicine at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- KU Med, Children’s Mercy will lead regional effort for a COVID-19 vaccine trial
Jul 29, 2020 -- The phase 2/3 vaccine trial will be available regionally, the release said, in partnership with the KU School of Medicine-Wichita’s Center for Clinical Research.
Last modified: Sep 09, 2019