News Clips Archive
- BizTalk with Bill Roy Episode 124: Rick Kellerman, University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita
Oct 11, 2019 -- Rick Kellerman is a physician who loves to teach. He made the decision to stop seeing patients to focus full-time on teaching at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Dangers of vaping: Facts and statistics on health risks of e-cigarettes as lung illness causes teen deaths across U.S.
Oct 01, 2019 -- Dr. Paul Ndunda, assistant professor at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, chimed that young people, pregnant women and those who don't already vape shouldn't start.
- Emporia couple offers $1 million pledge to KU School of Medicine-Wichita
Sep 26, 2019 -- The Smileys’ gift will establish three funds in their names, with one benefiting the Internal Medicine Department as a whole, one supporting residents in the program and one for scholarships with a funding preference for internal medicine students.
- Couple gives $1 million to support KU school of medicine
Sep 26, 2019 -- “I appreciated that the community worked together to educate students, particularly the volunteer faculty,” Scott Smiley, M.D., said of KU School of Medicine-Wichita. “They understand the investment that it takes to educate doctors.”
- Couple gives $1 million to KU School of Medicine in Wichita
Sep 26, 2019 -- An Emporia couple has committed $1 million to the internal medicine program at the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Wichita.
- Wichita's KU Med School receives significant donation
Sep 25, 2019 -- An Emporia couple has committed $1 million to the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita for student scholarships and the school's internal medicine program.
- KU offers student doctors real life training on almost life-like patients
Sep 18, 2019 -- Shortly before noon Wednesday, Victoria was going through her fifth delivery of a baby within two hours, as registered nurse Jane Diaz encouraged her to “push, push, push.” Victoria and the newborn aren’t real people but are among several manikins — as simulated patients in the health care industry are known — that are part of the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita Simulation Center.
- Wichita’s KU School of Medicine shows off performance manikins
Sep 18, 2019 -- The simulation center at KU School of Medicine-Wichita features a line of manikins that can do everything from have a heart attack to give birth.
- Sedgwick County suicide rates hit all-time high in 2018
Sep 10, 2019 -- Nicole Klaus, Ph.D., ABPP, associate professor at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, says the data in Sedgwick County helps the community know what the needs are specifically.
- Community Health and Wellness Resources Survey now available
Sep 10, 2019 -- The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita Department of Population Health, under the direction of Judy Johnston, RD, MS, LD, will collate and analyze the data and return it to CCHSB in late winter/early spring of 2020.
- Doctors urge people to stop vaping after first death reported in Kansas
Sep 10, 2019 -- “When e-cigarettes came into the market, it was just released,” said Mohinder Vindhyal, M.D., assistant professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at KU School of Medicine-Wichita. “The FDA did not play a role when it got released."
- If someone asks “Are you afraid of heights?” find out why before answering
Sep 08, 2019 -- Bonnie Bing, member of the 4-Wichita Advancement Board at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, describes what it's like to rappel 14 stories down the Ambassador Hotel in Wichita.
Last modified: Sep 09, 2019