News Clips Archive
- Sedgwick County asks residents to take anonymous COVID-19 vaccine survey
Nov 17, 2020 -- "Regional and county-specific results will be analyzed by the KU School of Medicine-Wichita. Visit the Sedgwick County COVID-19 Vaccine Information page for more information as it becomes available."
- Wichita hospitals holding COVID patients in ERs as surge outnumbers available beds
Nov 16, 2020 -- Garold Minns, M.D., Sedgwick County health officer and dean of the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, outlined the situation Monday morning during a media briefing with the University of Kansas Health System.
- KU hospital seeing surge in COVID-19 patients today
Nov 16, 2020 -- Garold Minns, M.D., dean of KU School of Medicine-Wichita, said hospitalizations in Wichita are at a peak.
- Despite Pfizer news, KU 'absolutely should keep going' with its vaccine trial
Nov 12, 2020 -- As Pfizer this week announced that it has a strong candidate for a COVID-19 vaccine, the KU School of Medicine-Wichita Center for Clinical Research is restarting its role in the AstraZeneca vaccine trial.
- Local clinical trial for COVID-19 vaccine still looking for participants
Nov 12, 2020 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita continues to sign up participants in its clinical trials for the vaccine developed by Oxford University and purchased by AstraZeneca.
- Dr. Tracie Collins named New Mexico state health secretary
Nov 11, 2020 -- Prior to coming to New Mexico, she chaired the Department of Preventive Medicine & Public Health at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
- COVID-19 vaccine trials resume at KU School of Medicine in Wichita
Nov 11, 2020 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita is handling the vaccine trial and it is open for anyone to take part. They have 15 participants as of writing this but they are looking for 200 in total.
- Stormont Vail welcomes new psychiatrist
Nov 04, 2020 -- Ryan Voth, M.D., completed a year of internal medicine residency training at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Physician Stephens joins HRRMC Custer County Health Center
Nov 02, 2020 -- G. Marcus Stephens earned his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, where he also completed his residency in family medicine.
- ICT Summit: Over seven Covid-19 months, county health officer keeps on top of evolving battle
Oct 30, 2020 -- The Wichita Business Journal spotlights Garold Minns, M.D., in his role as Sedgwick County's health officer.
- Wichita plastic bag ban study searches for more female and minority voices
Oct 27, 2020 -- Developed by Wichita’s Single-Use Plastic Bag Taskforce and researchers from the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, the survey is being conducted to gauge citizens’ interest in either reducing plastic bag use or banning single-use plastic bags altogether.
- New OB/GYN seeing patients at Hutchinson Clinic
Oct 24, 2020 -- Hutchinson Clinic recently announced the addition of OB-GYN physician Johanna Agustin, M.D., clinical assistant professor at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
Last modified: Sep 09, 2019