See how KU School of Medicine-Wichita is making headlines across the state and beyond.
- 40 Under 40: Kari Nilsen, Ph.D., University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita
Aug 10, 2020 -- Since 1998, the Wichita Business Journal has recognized 40 young area professionals for their achievements and their work to make Wichita a better place.
- KU School of Medicine looking for participants in clinical trial for COVID-19 vaccine
Aug 10, 2020 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita is looking for participants in a clinical trial for a COVID-19 vaccine. To be eligible, you must be at least 18 years old.
- KU School of Medicine to participate in Covid-19 vaccine clinical trial
Aug 10, 2020 -- “We are so excited to have assembled a strong partnership among researchers at KU and Children’s Mercy to offer this vaccination to Kansans,” said Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt, director of the KU Wichita Center for Clinical Research and assistant professor for internal medicine at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- KU Med, Children’s Mercy will lead regional effort for a COVID-19 vaccine trial
Jul 29, 2020 -- The phase 2/3 vaccine trial will be available regionally, the release said, in partnership with the KU School of Medicine-Wichita’s Center for Clinical Research.
- KU Med, Children's Mercy will offer trial of Covid-19 vaccine
Jul 29, 2020 -- The test also will involve regional sites working through KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Sedgwick County ditches $5 million relief plan for closed bars, nightclubs
Jul 29, 2020 -- Elizabeth Ablah, professor in the Department of Population Health at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, said Sedgwick County should be testing at least 2,234 people each day.
- Kansas can’t close businesses, limit crowds to fight coronavirus for seven more weeks
Jul 28, 2020 -- On Tuesday, the county Health Officer, Dr. Garold Minns — also dean of the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Wichita — announced an order to close bars and clubs and to put a midnight curfew on restaurants serving alcohol.
- Medical experts dispute claims by Kansas Board of Education member
Jul 23, 2020 -- Paul Teran, M.D., in pediatrics at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, said opening schools to 500,000 students and thousands of educators in August would be unwise.
- Women’s Heart Health Part 1: What to Know about Women and Heart Disease across the Lifespan
Jul 22, 2020 -- Lisette T. Jacobson, Ph.D., MPA, MA, assistant professor, Department of Population Health, University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita, is among the article's authors.
- Wichita pediatricians discuss study on spread of COVID-19 among children, teens
Jul 21, 2020 -- Paul Teran, M.D., with KU School of Medicine-Wichita, said especially in middle schools and high schools, everyone should wear masks, in addition to frequent handwashing and social distancing.
Last modified: Jul 10, 2020