News Briefs Archive
- Volunteers needed to help paint crosswalks in Wichita
May 28, 2019 -- Master of Public Health students at KU School of Medicine-Wichita spearhead effort that will aid pedestrians.
- Free Skin Cancer Screening Clinic serves more than 300 people
May 06, 2019 -- The free clinic was provided by Wichita-area dermatologists and sponsored by KU School of Medicine-Wichita, the Medical Society of Sedgwick County and the American Academy of Dermatology.
- New mosaic at KU School of Medicine-Wichita communicates message of serving Kansas
Apr 19, 2019 -- "Learn - Care - Heal" is a custom glass mosaic tile mural installation at KU School of Medicine-Wichita. Handmade in a classic design by mosaic artist Tina Murano, it communicates the message of serving Kansas.
- Park Elementary students explore KUSM-W Simulation Center
Apr 18, 2019 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita partners with Park Elementary School – a partnership now in its 21st year – and welcomes the students for a variety of activities during the year, but this week was the first time the fifth-graders had stepped inside the Simulation Center.
- E-cigarette use associated with risk of cardiovascular events, study finds
Mar 18, 2019 -- The data is "a real wake-up call and should prompt more action and awareness about the dangers of e-cigarettes,” said Mohinder Vindhyal, M.D., M.Ed., assistant professor at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and the study’s lead author.
- Success of JayDoc Community Clinic celebrated at awards banuqet
Mar 11, 2019 -- Thanks to sponsors and attendees, approximately $22,000 was raised at the Feb. 23 event, reaching this year’s goal and surpassing last year’s total by about $5,000. These funds will help the clinic continue its care and enhance the health services it provides.
- African-American volunteers needed for diabetes research
Mar 08, 2019 -- Volunteers who qualify will be asked to participate in a two-week program session.
- Support KU School of Medicine-Wichita on One Day. One KU.
Feb 11, 2019 -- One Day. One KU. returns Wednesday, Feb. 20, and we hope you take a few minutes during those all-important 24 hours to make a gift to your passion at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Study led by KUSM-W faculty member gains international recognition
Feb 08, 2019 -- A study led by a University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita faculty member is making international headlines for its findings indicating the use of e-cigarettes is associated with an increased risk of heart attack, heart disease and stroke.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita to host free workshop for African American faith leaders
Jan 30, 2019 -- The workshop on Feb. 21 will promote minority mental health and engage local faith leaders.
- Youth age 7 to 17 sought for depression study
Jan 24, 2019 -- The Center for Clinical Research at KU School of Medicine-Wichita is seeking youth age 7 to 17 with a diagnosis of major depressive disorder for a youth depression study, testing the effectiveness of an investigational drug for depression.
- Free wellness program for cancer survivors continues in 2019
Jan 04, 2019 -- A free wellness program started last fall by the University of Kansas School of Medicine was so popular that now there’s an encore, starting in January 2019. Cancer Connections provides free resources for cancer survivors who are working toward wellness after receiving a diagnosis of cancer.
Last modified: Sep 09, 2019