Find out the latest news at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- African-American volunteers needed for diabetes research
Mar 08, 2019 -- Volunteers who qualify will be asked to participate in a two-week program session.
- Support KU School of Medicine-Wichita on One Day. One KU.
Feb 11, 2019 -- One Day. One KU. returns Wednesday, Feb. 20, and we hope you take a few minutes during those all-important 24 hours to make a gift to your passion at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Study led by KUSM-W faculty member gains international recognition
Feb 08, 2019 -- A study led by a University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita faculty member is making international headlines for its findings indicating the use of e-cigarettes is associated with an increased risk of heart attack, heart disease and stroke.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita to host free workshop for African American faith leaders
Jan 30, 2019 -- The workshop on Feb. 21 will promote minority mental health and engage local faith leaders.
- Youth age 7 to 17 sought for depression study
Jan 24, 2019 -- The Center for Clinical Research at KU School of Medicine-Wichita is seeking youth age 7 to 17 with a diagnosis of major depressive disorder for a youth depression study, testing the effectiveness of an investigational drug for depression.
- Free wellness program for cancer survivors continues in 2019
Jan 04, 2019 -- A free wellness program started last fall by the University of Kansas School of Medicine was so popular that now there’s an encore, starting in January 2019. Cancer Connections provides free resources for cancer survivors who are working toward wellness after receiving a diagnosis of cancer.
- Surgery simulation lab prepares KUSM-W resident doctors
Dec 21, 2018 -- Using simulation models, resident doctors strengthened their surgical skills during a recent lab focused on the carotid artery. KU School of Medicine-Wichita Department of Surgery offered the Carotid Simulation Lab to surgery residents at Ascension Via Christi St. Francis.
- Baby Jay surprises Wichita children with early holiday cheer
Dec 20, 2018 -- Medical students, faculty and staff at KU School of Medicine-Wichita enjoy giving back through various volunteer projects throughout the year, but it’s the school’s longtime partnership with Park Elementary – a partnership now in its 20th year – that demonstrates the magic of the holiday season.
- 'Doc for a Day' encourages high school students to pursue medical careers
Nov 13, 2018 -- This year, 65 students from nearly 20 area high schools participated in "Doc for a Day" on Nov. 3 at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, where they got to see firsthand what medical school and medical careers are like.
- Road construction to include detour by KU School of Medicine-Wichita
Nov 05, 2018 -- Starting Wednesday, Nov. 7, the intersection at 9th Street and Minnesota Street will be closed for up to two weeks.
Last modified: Sep 20, 2018