Find out the latest news at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Free wellness program for cancer survivors continues in 2019
Jan 04, 2019 -- A free wellness program started last fall by the University of Kansas School of Medicine was so popular that now there’s an encore, starting in January 2019. Cancer Connections provides free resources for cancer survivors who are working toward wellness after receiving a diagnosis of cancer.
- Surgery simulation lab prepares KU resident doctors
Dec 21, 2018 -- Using simulation models, resident doctors strengthened their surgical skills during a recent lab focused on the carotid artery. KU School of Medicine-Wichita's Department of Surgery offered the Carotid Simulation Lab to surgery residents at Via Christi Hospital St. Francis.
- Baby Jay surprises Wichita children with early holiday cheer
Dec 20, 2018 -- Medical students, faculty and staff at KU School of Medicine-Wichita enjoy giving back through various volunteer projects throughout the year, but it’s the school’s longtime partnership with Park Elementary – a partnership now in its 20th year – that demonstrates the magic of the holiday season.
- 'Doc for a Day' encourages high school students to pursue medical careers
Nov 13, 2018 -- This year, 65 students from nearly 20 area high schools participated in "Doc for a Day" on Nov. 3 at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, where they got to see firsthand what medical school and medical careers are like.
- Road construction to include detour by KU School of Medicine-Wichita
Nov 05, 2018 -- Starting Wednesday, Nov. 7, the intersection at 9th Street and Minnesota Street will be closed for up to two weeks.
- KU residents train for surgery during skills lab
Oct 09, 2018 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita's Department of Surgery offered a hands-on Surgery Skills Lab to surgery residents, who had the unique opportunity of using pig hearts to practice surgical procedures.
- Many KUSM-W faculty members named 'Best Doctors'
Oct 02, 2018 -- Nearly all of the doctors on the Wichita Business Journal’s Best Doctors list this year are KU School of Medicine-Wichita (KUSM-W) faculty members, who also share their time and talents with future physicians.
- Virendra and Urvashi Patel give $1 million to KU School of Medicine-Wichita, supporting rural community medicine
Sep 20, 2018 -- The Virendra C. Patel, M.D., and Urvashi V. Patel Scholarship, through KU Endowment, will give preference to KUSM-W students who are from or are interested practicing in southeast Kansas.
- Adults age 50 and older sought for PAD study
Sep 19, 2018 -- The Department of Preventive Medicine & Public Health at KU School of Medicine-Wichita is seeking adults age 50 and older for a study on Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD).
- September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
Sep 04, 2018 -- “It’s the responsibility of the whole community to be addressing this epidemic of suicide,” said Nicole Klaus, Ph.D., ABPP, associate professor at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
Last modified: Sep 20, 2018