Find out the latest news at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
Aug 26, 2019 -- "As a society and a professional community, it is more important now than ever to foster awareness, reduce stigma and promote a culture of self-care and help-seeking," said Nicole Klaus, Ph.D., ABPP, associate professor at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Experience hands-on learning at KU School of Medicine-Wichita Simulation Center Open House
Aug 23, 2019 -- During the open house, which coincides with Healthcare Simulation Week, guests can participate in a live birth with "Victoria" the birthing manikin, try CPR compressions, and more.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita helps highlight Breastfeeding Awareness Month
Aug 05, 2019 -- Lisette Jacobson, Ph.D., MPA, M.A., assistant professor in the Department of Population Health at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, was among about a dozen breastfeeding advocates invited to attend Gov. Kelly’s signing ceremony.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita faculty member performs procedure on Sedgwick County Zoo gorilla
Aug 01, 2019 -- Veterinarians at the Sedgwick County Zoo recently partnered with Nathan Tofteland, M.D., associate professor of gastroenterology at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, to perform an upper and lower gastrointestinal exam on Billy, a 28-year-old lowland gorilla.
- Project Access goes over the edge to celebrate its 20th anniversary
Jul 08, 2019 -- Local dignitaries will rappel down the 14-story Amabassador Hotel to aid the uninsured in Sedgwick County.
- Fireworks health and safety tips
Jul 02, 2019 -- While fireworks are popular during the Fourth of July, it's important to keep safety in mind. Gretchen Irwin, M.D., shares some helpful tips.
- Walk this way: Wichita AIDS Walk celebrates 25th anniversary
Jul 01, 2019 -- It's the 25th anniversary of the Wichita AIDS Walk, and in commemoration, this year's event will be an all-day festival and market.
- KUSM-W faculty to be honored as Health Care Heroes
Jun 14, 2019 -- Congratulations to the KU School of Medicine-Wichita faculty who received Health Care Hero awards from the Wichita Business Journal.
- Volunteers needed to help paint crosswalks in Wichita
May 28, 2019 -- Master of Public Health students at KU School of Medicine-Wichita spearhead effort that will aid pedestrians.
- Free Skin Cancer Screening Clinic serves more than 300 people
May 06, 2019 -- The free clinic was provided by Wichita-area dermatologists and sponsored by KU School of Medicine-Wichita, the Medical Society of Sedgwick County and the American Academy of Dermatology.
Last modified: Sep 09, 2019