Find out the latest news at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Virendra and Urvashi Patel give $1 million to KU School of Medicine-Wichita, supporting rural community medicine
Sep 20, 2018 -- The Virendra C. Patel, M.D., and Urvashi V. Patel Scholarship, through KU Endowment, will give preference to KUSM-W students who are from or are interested practicing in southeast Kansas.
- Adults age 50 and older sought for PAD study
Sep 19, 2018 -- The Department of Preventive Medicine & Public Health at KU School of Medicine-Wichita is seeking adults age 50 and older for a study on Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD).
- September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
Sep 04, 2018 -- “It’s the responsibility of the whole community to be addressing this epidemic of suicide,” said Nicole Klaus, Ph.D., ABPP, associate professor at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- A strip of stories – another way to promote reading in the community
Aug 30, 2018 -- The newest way KU Wichita Pediatrics is putting stories in little and big hands is through the Short Story Dispenser provided by the Wichita Public Library.
- Free wellness program offered to cancer survivors
Aug 29, 2018 -- A new program offered by the University of Kansas School of Medicine offers free resources for cancer survivors who are working toward wellness after receiving a diagnosis of cancer.
- Study led by KUSM-W faculty member makes international headlines
Aug 24, 2018 -- A new study led by a University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita faculty member is making international headlines for its findings that show breastfeeding may help protect mothers from stroke.
Last modified: Sep 20, 2018