Find out the latest news at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- New mosaic at KU School of Medicine-Wichita communicates message of serving Kansas
Apr 19, 2019 -- "Learn - Care - Heal" is a custom glass mosaic tile mural installation at KU School of Medicine-Wichita. Handmade in a classic design by mosaic artist Tina Murano, it communicates the message of serving Kansas.
- Park Elementary students explore KUSM-W Simulation Center
Apr 18, 2019 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita partners with Park Elementary School – a partnership now in its 21st year – and welcomes the students for a variety of activities during the year, but this week was the first time the fifth-graders had stepped inside the Simulation Center.
- Free Skin Cancer Screening Clinic on Saturday, May 4
Apr 01, 2019 -- The clinic is provided by Wichita-area dermatologists and sponsored by KU School of Medicine-Wichita, the Medical Society of Sedgwick County and the American Academy of Dermatology.
- E-cigarette use associated with risk of cardiovascular events, study finds
Mar 18, 2019 -- The data is "a real wake-up call and should prompt more action and awareness about the dangers of e-cigarettes,” said Mohinder Vindhyal, M.D., M.Ed., assistant professor at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and the study’s lead author.
- Success of JayDoc Community Clinic celebrated at awards banuqet
Mar 11, 2019 -- Thanks to sponsors and attendees, approximately $22,000 was raised at the Feb. 23 event, reaching this year’s goal and surpassing last year’s total by about $5,000. These funds will help the clinic continue its care and enhance the health services it provides.
- African-American volunteers needed for diabetes research
Mar 08, 2019 -- Volunteers who qualify will be asked to participate in a two-week program session.
- Support KU School of Medicine-Wichita on One Day. One KU.
Feb 11, 2019 -- One Day. One KU. returns Wednesday, Feb. 20, and we hope you take a few minutes during those all-important 24 hours to make a gift to your passion at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Study led by KUSM-W faculty member gains international recognition
Feb 08, 2019 -- A study led by a University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita faculty member is making international headlines for its findings indicating the use of e-cigarettes is associated with an increased risk of heart attack, heart disease and stroke.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita to host free workshop for African American faith leaders
Jan 30, 2019 -- The workshop on Feb. 21 will promote minority mental health and engage local faith leaders.
- Youth age 7 to 17 sought for depression study
Jan 24, 2019 -- The Center for Clinical Research at KU School of Medicine-Wichita is seeking youth age 7 to 17 with a diagnosis of major depressive disorder for a youth depression study, testing the effectiveness of an investigational drug for depression.
Last modified: Sep 20, 2018