Find out the latest news at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- 'Doc for a Day' encourages high school students to pursue medical careers
Nov 13, 2018 -- This year, 65 students from nearly 20 area high schools participated in "Doc for a Day" on Nov. 3 at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, where they got to see firsthand what medical school and medical careers are like.
- Road construction to include detour by KU School of Medicine-Wichita
Nov 05, 2018 -- Starting Wednesday, Nov. 7, the intersection at 9th Street and Minnesota Street will be closed for up to two weeks.
- KU residents train for surgery during skills lab
Oct 09, 2018 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita's Department of Surgery offered a hands-on Surgery Skills Lab to surgery residents, who had the unique opportunity of using pig hearts to practice surgical procedures.
- Many KUSM-W faculty members named 'Best Doctors'
Oct 02, 2018 -- Nearly all of the doctors on the Wichita Business Journal’s Best Doctors list this year are KU School of Medicine-Wichita (KUSM-W) faculty members, who also share their time and talents with future physicians.
- Virendra and Urvashi Patel give $1 million to KU School of Medicine-Wichita, supporting rural community medicine
Sep 20, 2018 -- The Virendra C. Patel, M.D., and Urvashi V. Patel Scholarship, through KU Endowment, will give preference to KUSM-W students who are from or are interested practicing in southeast Kansas.
- Adults age 50 and older sought for PAD study
Sep 19, 2018 -- The Department of Preventive Medicine & Public Health at KU School of Medicine-Wichita is seeking adults age 50 and older for a study on Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD).
- September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
Sep 04, 2018 -- “It’s the responsibility of the whole community to be addressing this epidemic of suicide,” said Nicole Klaus, Ph.D., ABPP, associate professor at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- A strip of stories – another way to promote reading in the community
Aug 30, 2018 -- The newest way KU Wichita Pediatrics is putting stories in little and big hands is through the Short Story Dispenser provided by the Wichita Public Library.
- Free wellness program offered to cancer survivors
Aug 29, 2018 -- A new program offered by the University of Kansas School of Medicine offers free resources for cancer survivors who are working toward wellness after receiving a diagnosis of cancer.
- Study led by KUSM-W faculty member makes international headlines
Aug 24, 2018 -- A new study led by a University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita faculty member is making international headlines for its findings that show breastfeeding may help protect mothers from stroke.
Last modified: Sep 20, 2018