Find out the latest news at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita faculty honored as 'Best Doctors'
Oct 20, 2019 -- At KU School of Medicine-Wichita, our doctors are dedicated to improving the health of our community and our great state.
- Celebrate Day 366 shines awareness on infant mortality locally and across Kansas
Oct 01, 2019 -- Kansas Sisters and Brothers for Healthy Infants and KU School of Medicine-Wichita are hosting Celebrate Day 366 on Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019, in Wichita.
- KU School of Pharmacy-Wichita students to offer free flu vaccines Oct. 19 to those in need
Oct 01, 2019 -- The University of Kansas School of Pharmacy-Wichita is teaming up with United Way of the Plains for the 10th annual Operation Immunization event.
- Emporia couple pledge $1 million in support of KU School of Medicine-Wichita
Sep 25, 2019 -- KU School of Medicine-Wichita alumnus Scott Smiley and Julie Smiley want to be a part of educating doctors who will care for generations of patients. To fulfill that goal, the Emporia, Kansas, couple’s gift commitment of $1 million to the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita will support the school’s internal medicine program and provide student scholarships.
- September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
Aug 26, 2019 -- "As a society and a professional community, it is more important now than ever to foster awareness, reduce stigma and promote a culture of self-care and help-seeking," said Nicole Klaus, Ph.D., ABPP, associate professor at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Experience hands-on learning at KU School of Medicine-Wichita Simulation Center Open House
Aug 23, 2019 -- During the open house, which coincides with Healthcare Simulation Week, guests can participate in a live birth with "Victoria" the birthing manikin, try CPR compressions, and more.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita helps highlight Breastfeeding Awareness Month
Aug 05, 2019 -- Lisette Jacobson, Ph.D., MPA, M.A., assistant professor in the Department of Population Health at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, was among about a dozen breastfeeding advocates invited to attend Gov. Kelly’s signing ceremony.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita faculty member performs procedure on Sedgwick County Zoo gorilla
Aug 01, 2019 -- Veterinarians at the Sedgwick County Zoo recently partnered with Nathan Tofteland, M.D., associate professor of gastroenterology at KU School of Medicine-Wichita, to perform an upper and lower gastrointestinal exam on Billy, a 28-year-old lowland gorilla.
- Project Access goes over the edge to celebrate its 20th anniversary
Jul 08, 2019 -- Local dignitaries will rappel down the 14-story Amabassador Hotel to aid the uninsured in Sedgwick County.
- Fireworks health and safety tips
Jul 02, 2019 -- While fireworks are popular during the Fourth of July, it's important to keep safety in mind. Gretchen Irwin, M.D., shares some helpful tips.
Last modified: Sep 09, 2019