Featured Stories Archive
- KUSM-W faculty are key to development of groundbreaking drug esketamine
Apr 25, 2019 -- The drug, called esketamine, is being marketed as a nasal spray under the name Spravato. Approved for use by the FDA in March, esketamine has been shown to help a significant percentage of people who don’t respond to existing antidepressants.
- Schwartz Rounds let providers share stories, feelings of compassionate care
Apr 25, 2019 -- The new bimonthly program promotes wellness among doctors, nurses and other caregivers.
- KU School of Medicine students announce where they will be residents
Mar 18, 2019 -- On the third Friday in March, more than 30,000 medical students across the country find out which residency program they've been matched to.
- Marsh scholarships help students at three colleges
Mar 04, 2019 -- Most parents look forward to the day when they can stop helping pay for their children’s college education. Connie Marsh, M.D., took a different view as her three children completed their college years.
- Family medicine symposiums offer the latest in medicine, research
Feb 19, 2019 -- Keeping up with advances and guidelines in medicine is a challenge for any practicing physician. It can be particularly challenging for family medicine physicians who see a broad range of conditions and patients from newborns to the elderly.
- Black-tie gala celebrates outstanding educators at KU School of Medicine
Feb 01, 2019 -- The contributions of educators who significantly influenced the lives of students from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Kansas City, Salina and Wichita were celebrated during A Grand Affair, the annual black-tie gala, honoring educators and mentors from the last year.
- Associate Dean Nancy Davis says gift to school is payback
Jan 28, 2019 -- Nancy Davis gives to causes she believes in and institutions “where I felt like I’ve had opportunity.” The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita checks both those boxes.
- Non-traditional path to medicine was the right way for Alisha Coulson
Jan 25, 2019 -- Alisha Coulson, M.D., now teaching medical students about psychiatry at the KU Salina campus, remembers well her time in KU School of Medicine-Wichita’s residency program.
- Ryan Schroeder combines passions for research and practice
Jan 25, 2019 -- Ryan Schroeder, Psy.D., traces his interest in psychology to high school, when he felt himself making a difference as a “Big Brother” to a boy from a low socioeconomic-status family.
Last modified: Sep 20, 2018