Featured Stories Archive
- Docking gift designed to keep docs in Kansas
Nov 07, 2018 -- Bill and Judy Docking, longtime supporters of the University of Kansas’ flagship campus in Lawrence, believe in the mission of KU School of Medicine-Wichita just as strongly. Their latest gift is $10,000 to support the development of young faculty in the Department of Family & Community Medicine.
- Marsh scholarships help students at three colleges
Nov 07, 2018 -- Most parents look forward to the day when they can stop helping pay for their children’s college education. Connie Marsh, M.D., took a different view as her three children completed their college years.
- Pioneering drug study at KU Wichita Center for Clinical Research seeks to improve livelihood of patients with depression
Nov 07, 2018 -- Major depression disorder affects about 16.1 million Americans, or 6.7 percent of the population, each year, making it the leading cause of disability for people aged 15 to 44.3, according to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America.
- Heart and stroke collaborative seeing results
Oct 04, 2018 -- Advances made by the Kansas Heart and Stroke Collaborative should continue to benefit many of the state’s residents.
- Collaborative team contended with many hurdles to find winning solution in CLARION competition
Oct 04, 2018 -- A Wichita team’s multifaceted plan to address the opioid crisis earned them second place in a national case-based competition that teaches interprofessional collaboration while crafting solutions to thorny problems.
- The Only Woman in the Room
Oct 04, 2018 -- At the time, they thought they were just making their way in a challenging field instead of making history. But looking back over challenges they faced – and with the wisdom of hindsight – many senior women physicians believe they have stories worth telling.
- Virendra and Urvashi Patel give $1 million to KU School of Medicine-Wichita, supporting rural community medicine
Sep 20, 2018 -- The Virendra C. Patel, M.D., and Urvashi V. Patel Scholarship, through KU Endowment, will give preference to KUSM-W students who are from or are interested practicing in southeast Kansas.
- KU School of Medicine ranks among the nation’s leaders
May 01, 2018 -- The KU School of Medicine, which includes campuses in Kansas City, Salina and Wichita, fares among the nation's finest in the areas of primary care (95th percentile), producing doctors who are working in rural settings 10 to 15 years after graduation (96th percentile) and family medicine physicians (98th percentile) as determined by the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC).
- In annual rite of passage, graduating medical students learn on Match Day where they will be spending their residencies
Mar 16, 2018 -- In annual rite of passage, graduating medical students nationwide learn on Match Day where they will be spending their residencies
- KU psychologists leaving a century of experience behind them
Feb 16, 2018 -- When Drs. Lyle Baade, Don Morgan and Glenn Veenstra leave KU School of Medicine-Wichita this year, the trio of psychologists will take with them 106 years of combined experience at the school.
Last modified: Sep 20, 2018