- $1.8 M grant to help Kansas doctors treat children with mental illness
Jun 20, 2019 -- Kansas is one of three states to receive a Pediatric Mental Health Care Access Grant, designed to help treat mental illness in patients 21 years old and younger.
- Hazel T. Nelson Scholarship fund awards $11,625
Jun 18, 2019 -- Students attending graduate schools and receiving awards include three from KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- Wichita Public Library works to bring in a new generation of readers with short story machines
Jun 17, 2019 -- The Short Edition machines, currently on rotation at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita in the General Pediatrics Clinic, the Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center and Reverie Coffee Roasters on Douglas, are part of a small pilot program across the United States.
- State receives $1.8M to address mental health needs of young Kansans
Jun 06, 2019 -- “Working with KDHE through this grant means that we can provide our colleagues with the resources they need to do this work effectively and well and help children and families live happier, more fulfilling lives,” said Rachel Brown, professor and chair of the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita.
- On Campus
Jun 02, 2019 -- The University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences announced graduates, their hometowns and their residency assignments.
- KU School of Medicine-Wichita seeking adults with major depressive disorder
Jun 01, 2019 -- The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita is looking for adults with a diagnosis of major depressive disorder to participate in a research study.
- Wichita physicians experience high burnout rates
May 28, 2019 -- A study conducted by researchers at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita found that nearly half of Wichita-area physicians are experiencing signs of burnout.
- New medical school leaders say they’re here to innovate and cooperate
May 24, 2019 -- Leaders of a new medical school planned for downtown Wichita say that even though they’re here to change how medical training is done in the state, they aren’t looking to disrupt any of the training already in place.
- Meet Wichita State’s presidential search committee
May 23, 2019 -- Rhonda Lewis is a volunteer clinical assistant professor in the Department of Preventive Medicine & Public Health at KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
- The facts about smoking: health risks, how many die, e-cigarettes, and what it takes to quit
May 20, 2019 -- More than 7 million people worldwide die from smoking-related deaths every year, according to the World Health Organization, or roughly one every five seconds.
Last modified: Aug 25, 2018