International Medical Graduates
The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita will be accepting applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program. Applications can be submitted through November 11.
Basic requirements for international medical graduates are as follows:
- There is no minimum USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Exam) score. However, approximately the top 10 percent of scores are accepted for interview. We have approximately 300 applications each year from both international and U.S. graduates and only 20-30 receive interview invitations. USMLE scores are one of the first filtering factors used.
- International medical graduates must have passed the CSA (Clinical Skills Assessment) prior to December 15 for consideration.
- We prefer an applicant's graduation year to be no more than 2 years from the date of application. We require significant recent clinical experience in the U.S. to consider any IMG whose graduation date is greater than 2 years.
- Graduation year from your medical school is considered secondary to USMLE scores, and in correlation with activities undertaken since graduation.
- Our program accepts residents on J-1 visas only. We do not offer H-1B visas.
Oct 03, 2019