Med-Peds Residency Program
The relative uniformity imposed by accreditation requirements means that you will find our rotation schedule similar to those outlined by most Med/Peds programs. All Med/Peds residents do the following:
- Complete two years of training in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, after which they are eligible for both board certification exams.
- Train in alternating blocks of Medicine and Pediatrics, usually from three to six months at a time.
- Work their way through some combination of general inpatient duties, ambulatory care, emergency medicine, and critical care.
- Develop the skills to advance from intern-level duties to the role of team supervisor and educator.
- Attend and present at a variety of scheduled didactic sessions, including morning reports, journal clubs, morbidity/mortality meetings, and noon conferences.
Oct 17, 2014