International Medical Graduates
The University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program. Applications can be submitted through the end of November for consideration - interviews will be scheduled through the end of December.
Basic requirements for international medical graduates are as follows:
- Our program accepts residents only on a J1 visa.
- There are no minimum USMLE scores required. We receive over 3,000 applications each year, from both foreign and U.S. graduates and only 4 percent receive interview invitations. USMLE scores are one of the first filtering factors used by our program, but not the only factor in selecting an applicant.
- International medical graduates must have passed Step 1 and Step 2 CK & CS prior to Nov. 1 for consideration; an ECFMG certificate validation of completion is preferable, however, is not required at time of application submission. ECFMG certificate is required by Jan. 1 to be eligible for the rank list. Our program will review applications even if Step 1 and/or 2 were not passed on the first attempt.
- Experience in the United States is recommended but not required by our program.
- Your graduation year from medical school is considered in correlation with medical education activities and/or medical vocational activities undertaken since graduation. Graduates who have not been active in medicine for 2-5 years will not be considered.
- Residency begins July 1, there are no early start dates.
Oct 02, 2018