- Department starts innovative teaching projects with MAITF grants. Sean Jahansooz, M.D., and Tiffany Schwasinger-Schmidt, M.D., Ph.D., were awarded grants to refine our clinical teaching and use simulations in neurology. (March 2019)
- Kristin Constance, M.D.; Sachin Srinivasan, M.D.; and Chloe McBride, M.D., have been voted 2019-2020 chief residents. (March 2019)
- Erik Calderon, M.D.; Rami Diab, M.D.; Sinan Khayyat, M.D.; and Sachin Srinivasan, M.D., have been accepted to the National American College of Physicians Meeting in Philadelphia. (Feb. 2019)
- A presentation at the International Stroke Conference by Paul Ndunda, M.D., former resident who is now a faculty member, was highlighted in a news story by NPR. (Jan. 2019)
- Sinan Khayyat, M.D., internal medicine resident, was the poster award winner at the 2018 American College of Physicians Kansas chapter meeting for "Rapid Progressive Dementia with Sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease." (Oct. 2018)
- Former resident describes his training in Wichita in the New England Journal of Medicine. (Oct. 2018)
- William Salyers Jr., M.D., MPH, FACP, appointed Chair of Internal Medicine and Neurology (July 2018)
Reflecting the entrepreneurial spirit of Wichita, the department has forged unique relationships with community sub-specialty groups to enhance our teaching purpose. Through these relationships and coupled with our outstanding full-time faculty, we are able to provide high-quality, hands-on clinical training for both medical students and resident physicians.