You must be in good standing with the Library in order to continue borrowing items from outside institutions.
Interlibrary Loan Policies
Requesting Interlibrary Loans
Check the Farha online catalog to make certain the material is not available in the library.
- If the material is unavailable in the Farha Medical Library, please phone requests to 316-293-2629, or fax requests 316-293-2608, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are no ILL charges for KU Wichita students, faculty, residents, & staff.
- It usually takes 3-5 business days to fill requests for hard copy materials but can take longer depending on mail services. Completeness of the citation information and the availability of the item are factors which affect the delivery time.
- Items sent electronically may be available within 24-48 hours.
- When the material is received, you will be notified by phone or email. Interlibrary loans may be picked up at the circulation desk 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The loan period for books is determined by the lending library and is usually at least two weeks. The due date is written on the colored band attached to the book.
Renewal of interlibrary loan materials will be handled through the Farha interlibrary loan staff. Renewal requests must be made prior to the due date.
Frequently Asked Questions: Interlibrary Loan
What is available through Interlibrary Loan?
Materials not available in the Farha Medical Library may be requested through interlibrary loan. Not all items are available, many libraries will not lend rare or valuable materials including reference books, audiovisual, review books, thesis, or materials in high demand. The circulation policies are at the discretion of the lending library.
How long will it take?
Where do I pick up my materials?
Books and articles will be held at the circulation desk. You will be notified by phone or email when the material is available.