If a state vehicle is unavailable, departments may consider using the state contract for vehicle rentals, or individuals may elect to drive personal vehicles with mileage reimbursement. See travel information located at Administrative and Financial Services.
Reporting Accidents or Injuries
If an accident occurs involving a state-owned motor vehicle for official state business, please refer to the detailed information provided in the vehicle folio.
- All state vehicles are self-insured and carry liability insurance
- All accidents must be reported to the insurance carrier and facilities within 24 hours of the incident
- Complete the insurance claim form provided in the vehicle folio, and submit to Facilities Management within 24 hours
Emergency Repairs and Roadside Assistance
- Please call KUSM-W Facilities Management, 316-293-2625, from 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri, or Bob Wiese, 316-648-2456
- Emergency repairs under $500 may be charged to the WEX Fleet Gas Card, if the service station accepts the gas card and provides repair work
- Use the Roadside Assistance phone number located on the back of the WEX Fleet Gas Card
- Call Facilites for approval before authorizing repairs to a state vehicle estimated to be more than $500
Reportable road conditions are available for inclement weather and construction areas by calling the following numbers:
- Kansas Highways: Dial 511
- Oklahoma: 405-425-2385
- Missouri: 800-222-6400
- Nebraska: Dial 511, select state, then enter highway #
Terms and Conditions for State Vehicle Use
Authorized Drivers and Destinations
- KUSM-W departments or classes of individuals approved by the Kansas Board of Regents. Only authorized personnel in these groups engaged in official University business may utilize this service.
- Students may drive a state vehicle if they are a state employee performing assigned official state business functions for which the renting department has hired the student.
- Under no circumstances can the state vehicle be driven or operated by family members or travel in a state vehicle.
- Vehicles may not be driven to a residence unless residence is en route to business destination, and prior approval is obtained by Facilities.
- It shall be the responsibility of the driver to protect state vehicle property from theft or damage.
- Reservations are required at least 24 hours in advance, and submitted through the EMS scheduling system.
- Facilities will verify vehicle availability and send an email to the requestor
- Facilities may alter, change, or reassign vehicles based on usage, demand, and priorities
- Cancellations should be reported to Facilities no later than 24 hours in advance
- Pick up vehicle folio and keys from Facilities Management at scheduled time or before 4 p.m. Monday-Friday in the Facilities office.
- Pick up and return the state vehicle in the fenced parking lot on the northeast corner of 10th and Minneapolis unless previous arrangements have been made with Facilities.
- The gate to the parking lot is open Monday-Friday from 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- For after-hours returns, the gate can be opened with the remote in the vehicle folio
- Vehicle folio, gas card, KUMC proximity parking card, keys, and gate remote must be returned to Facilities. If you are returning after 4 p.m., the keys may be given to the security officer on duty, or returned to Facilities at 8 a.m. the following business day.
- Proximity card for the KUMC P5 Parking Garage can be requested when reservation is submitted.
- Please replace any seats that were removed prior to the trip.
- Gas receipts should be placed in the vehicle folio, with the amount recorded on the reservation form. Missing receipts will need to be obtained from the vendor by the driver.
- KTAGs are affixed to the vehicle window under the rear view mirror. If the KTAG is used, please record date and entrance/exit on the vehicle reservation form.
- Record beginning/ending odometer mileage on vehicle reservation form, and on the vehicle mileage log provided in the vehicle folio.
- Review information provided in the vehicle folio for operation of state vehicle and important instructions for accidents, injuries, emergencies, and insurance.
Vehicle Mileage Fees
- Mileage is billed at the current state reimbursement rate.
- Vicinity mileage for travel within the Wichita metro area is not billed to the department.
Accidents/Injuries, Emergency Repairs or Roadside Assistance
- Contact KUSM-W Facilities, 316-293-2625, or Bob Wiese, 316-648-2456 for after-hour assistance
- For detailed instructions and insurance information, refer to documentation provided in the vehicle folio
- Follow all proper procedures for accidents and injuries. Notify the proper law enforcement authorities
- Contact the state insurance claims office, complete insurance claim form and provide to Facilities within 24 hours
- Emergency repairs and towing under $500 may be charged to the WEX Fleet Gas Card, if the service station accepts the card
- Repairs by other vendors will require a purchase order number or credit card. Call Facilities or Bob Wiese for approval before authorizing repairs
Jan 30, 2018