- Coinciding with Healthcare Simulation Week, the Simulation Center will host an open house on Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019.
- Dr. Eli Brumfield received a 2019 Health Care Hero award from the Wichita Business Journal.
- Students from Park Elementary School explored the Simulation Center and learned the basics of CPR.
- The Simulation Center is a proud participant in the Scholars in Rural Health Program.
Welcome to the Simulation Center at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita! We are pleased that you are interested in the work we do in our simulation lab that benefits students, residents, faculty, practitioners and patients. We are especially proud of our unique expertise and approach to interprofessional education and collaborative care. Our team strives to provide high quality simulation sessions that are customized to the level and background of each group of learners.
If you are a faculty member interested in developing a simulation for your learners, please complete our online form or call us at 316-293-3441 to discuss your interest. We also invite you to tour our outstanding facility. We look forward to providing the best service with our faculty and learners!
The KU School of Medicine-Wichita Simulation Center is dedicated to the transformative education of health care professionals to improve safety, quality, and teamwork.
The Basic Assumption
"We believe everyone participating is intelligent, well-trained, cares about doing their best, and wants to improve."
Provide a safe place for learners to grow through curiosity and the application of knowledge. Maintain a commitment to being an interprofessional educational environment that includes patient and family. Be a place where everyone wants to learn, teach, and conduct research.
- Human Dignity, Honesty and Respect
- Caring and Compassion
- Teamwork and Participatory Decision Making
- Encouraging and Curiosity
- Continuous Improvement