- Outstanding pass rate on ABA examinations with didactic focus on all areas of the exam.
- Diverse case selection with numbers well in excess of ABA requirements.
- Very strong CV, Critical care, Pediatrics, OB, and Regional anesthesia exposure.
- Oral board preparation by instructors from Ultimate Board Prep, a national anesthesiology oral board prep company with years of success in preparing residents for their boards.
- Exposure to multiple practice settings within a short distance of each other.
- Protected time off every afternoon for academics.
- Very high Faculty to Resident ratio allows for diverse learning opportunities.
- Yearly conference allowance by department - CA-1: $1,000, CA-2: $1,200, CA-3: $1,800.
- Yearly book costs covered by department up to $550.
- Yearly extra allowance from the Wichita Center for Graduate Medical Education, for books and academic expenses, up to $1000.
- Highly experienced residency coordinator who advocates for the residents.
- Low cost of living.
- Small classes that allow faculty to know each resident individually.
- Primary rotations based out of two Level 1 tertiary care trauma centers located minutes apart.
- Internal paid shift opportunities available to residents by approval of Program Director.
- Click here to see a sample rotation schedule.
- Salary and benefits
- Graduates obtain exceptional fellowship and private practice placements.
Apr 28, 2018